August 18, 2009

Lightening Show


I live in the city, and people are always surprised when I tell them we get awesome lightening. And in the summer, when it gets hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk (but who would eat it?) we get some pretty good shows.

Tonight I was particularly glad to hear that familiar crack, heralding a potential cooling of the steam bath that passes for air here. Having tried to create some flow of air from my meager air-conditioner through to where I was sitting at my work table, with a series of strategically placed fans, I immediately flew to my feet to throw the windows open wide, and I was awed by the ferocity of the lightening above our building. It seemed to be close enough to reach out and touch--I certainly wasn't going out on our metal fire escape to admire it. But I was able to put my camera out, into the lovely cool breeze, and snap some shots. So for all of you who don't believe in city lightening, here is the proof.

1 comment:

mayaluna said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!!