December 17, 2008

Winter Wonderland: Lots to Tell



Yesterday turned out to be a magical day for me. It didn't start out that way--I sat in limbo (aka: my studio) waiting for my friend to get out of surgery so I could go visit her, and also for my temp agency to call and confirm some work for the next few days. I was a little worried on both counts, and couldn't really get into any of my projects. I conversed on Facebook quite a bit. My friend K. had posted some haunting photos of Kunst und Wunderkammer. We discussed them a bit, and I sent her a link to Lisa Black's Steampunk taxidermy pieces. I wondered if that was how my friend's neck would look after her surgery...It was a kind of dark, disturbing day. It turns out we were both overly optimistic about the time it would take for my friend to pop back--she was in "recovery" all day, and I didn't get to visit her after all. (She is fine, though, and headed home today)
So I headed downtown, and as I stepped out of the building snowflakes started to swirl around my head, tickling my nose and otherwise delighting me. It certainly pulled me out of my doldrums. I started to get excited about the evening ahead. My friend M. and I have a tradition of going to the Mike Errico Christmas show every year, and we were going to have dinner first. But first I had an errand to run downtown...

No comments: