December 26, 2008

Catwoman-we loved you


I have just found out that Eartha Kitt, legendary songstress and actress, passed away on Christmas day, just shy of her 82nd year. Singing Santa Baby all the way, no doubt.

This news was doubly saddening for me, as my own Eartha Kitten passed away this summer after struggling for a year with various kitty ailments.Eartha was named after Ms. Kitt before I knew that my little kitten was a he, not a she! He carried his name with grace and dignity, however, for over 17 years.

To both Eartha's, I wish to say that there will never be another like you, and you will be missed very much.

I'm sorry not to be able to post a picture of the fabulous Ms. Kitt. Having worked with copyright regulations in a former temp position for many years, I am very aware of the allowable use of images, and I try very hard to follow the laws governing creative property usage.

No comments: