December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas






The insanity that is Christmas! That is what I am experiencing--I am obsessed now with those woven Swedish Christmas hearts, and stayed up late last night playing around with ideas. I decided that a great way to use those old Christmas cards that are around would be to repurpose them into Swedish Heart gift tags.




Also, cards can be used as decorations on the tree or in windows. I was lucky enough to find a box of inexpensive cards that all featured Christmas trees. I glued 2 together (the same front & back)and cut out the shape I wanted. I coated them with Mod Podge or watered-down glue, and threaded a hanging loop through. I edged them with a metallic gold pen.



Easy! I did this for my first Christmas away from home. I was broke and homesick, and this was an easy way for me to cheer up my apartment.

I love to re-use, especially at Christmas when paper items seem to be required at every turn. A gift tag, wrapping or card is not going to turn into a family heirloom, even in my pack rat family tree. But it is likely to be remembered if it is special and unique. So craft away, my friends!

And for those cards that don't suit your creative purposes, recycle them through St. Jude's program: http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php

No comments: