March 25, 2009

Temporary Weather


Well, for Heaven's sake, is it Winter, or is it Spring? I am sure that you are just as confused as I! Less than a week ago I came out of my morning shower only to discover that it was snowing. No one had warned me about this event--it seems to have take everyone by complete surprise.



But by the weekend it seemed that things were getting sunnier and warmer: Mother Nature had pulled Spring out like a rabbit from her hat.


Yes, I actually shot this photo last Saturday in the park.

So to celebrate the lovely weather, we headed off to the Bronx Botanical Gardens. I had never been before (and I am ashamed to admit that I have not been to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens either; but heck, I've only been here 15 years) and I was amazed by the size of the place! Right in the Bronx. I was so happy to see that many flowers were already in full bloom.

From Nature Photos
From Nature Photos


Of course, the minute we got there the sun beat a hasty retreat, the wind picked up and the temperature fell abut 20 degrees...but we had fun anyway.

There is a trolley bus that goes around. Normally I prefer to walk, but this was a great way to get a feel for the scope of the gardens, and to see some of the wilder parts that would normally take a bit of a hike to get to. There is even an old mill.(You can see how grey the sky got!)

From Nature Photos


I was just amazed by the color of these irises:
From Nature Photos

No comments: