March 1, 2009

Temp no More


Sometimes an offer comes along, and you know it's right. Yes, temping is great because it is flexible; you can come and go as you like, change bosses as desired...but sometimes you want dependability and commitment. That is why I am now taking a permanent position. I got the offer of a lifetime, and I will even have a new title. You see, dear Reader, my boyfriend proposed to me, and I just had to accept.

So, now that I have said yes, things are going to get even crazier than usual around here. There are invitations to design, gowns and waistcoats to be made, favors and centerpieces to create...I don't know that I will post everything as it happens--I want to keep a bit of mystique for the groom and the guests, and I know some of them read my blog--but I am sure that I will be so excited that I won't be able to keep it all to myself. Maybe I will point you all to the items that inspire me on this journey, and then show you the creations at the end of the road. Perhaps I will tantalize you with a swatch here, a sketch there...whatever I do, I hope you will stick with me to the end, because I'll need some moral support! But I will also need to escape that madness sometimes, so there will be my usual musings, pictures, and fun crafts. Stay tuned...

This is just one of the places I've already been for ideas...http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaborwhalky/2798922071/in/pool-steampunkfashion

2 comments:

mayaluna said...

I'm so excited! So excited! Yes, so excited! I'm thrilled that you'll be offering sneak peaks into your process. I know it will all be beautiful!

SunnyD said...

I loved that opening paragraph!!!

Congratulations!