January 5, 2009

Clear out!


Today I am at home, after having had a great Christmas/New Year's break from all that grueling desk sitting I have been doing.

I have decided that my resolution for this year will be to keep my emails in control! For Mac or PC users, organizing your email is a relatively simple task--just a bit time consuming at first. My new system is to create separate folders for all the emails I get daily: news alerts, shopping/sales tips, theater-related emails... I have made rules for each to be moved out of my Inbox, into the proper folder when it arrives. Then each day I can view and delete each category when I want to, and I can see my more important emails clearly in my Inbox. If I lag behind, I can just go to my Pets Tips or Philatelists News folder and empty it all at once.

I know, all of this seems totally obvious, but sometimes we keep putting off the simple things that we know would make our lives easier. I don't know why we do it--I am not a trained therapist. But I do acknowledge this trait in myself, and resolve to move past it!

So, Happy New Year..now go do something simple.

1 comment:

Gimmiegot said...

I think you have had to much time on your hands today and I recommend you go to a museum. Yup that sounds about right.