February 11, 2009

Notches, Natch!


I wish I were clever enough to have thought of this myself, but I didn't. I learned this trick while reading my costumers group bulletin...

I have always wanted a professional notcher so that I didn't have to cut little triangles into all my pattern pieces. The notcher goes more quickly and all your notches are uniform. I like to keep my patterns as neat as I can.



Well, those notchers are pretty darn expensive! So when I read that this woman had found a hole punch for scrap-booking that made rectangular "holes" and was using that for her notches, I got to the art store as soon as I could. Lee's on 57th btwn 7th and 8th has quite a selection of scrap book items, and sure enough they had the hole punchers. I found one that had a tear drop shape--I use just the front of the teardrop to make my notch. It works great, as you can see.

1 comment:

mayaluna said...

great idea! I'm going to try it... thanks, I love your tips!